Sunday, June 1, 2014

I'M BACK!!! (A Saquarry Update)

Hey, anybody checking out this blog and wondering where the heck I've even been for the last three months or however long it's been! I have been on a hiatus for a variety of reasons, mostly because of real life paying work that I do for a living rather than this for-fun writing that I do when I get bored or excited about things. I've been itching to review things and rant and rave and have a good time in general. But when work and exhaustion get in the way, it becomes a very difficult prospect to focus on. But with my time opening up a bit, maybe some enjoyment can be had yet again.

Yeah.

It might take some time for me to stretch the old writing finger bones and such, but soon enough I will have some content to post. I have maybe three or four movies I'd like to talk about, American Mary being chief among them. So, I think a review of that film might be coming relatively shortly. I have a few video games I'd like to speak about, mostly the Souls series of games (Demon's Souls and the Dark Souls games) and Drakengard 3. I kind of powered through the Fringe television show as well. So, I might talk about that in a very deliberately casual way because that's 100 episodes of content, and there's no way I'm focusing on every single episode in depth. I've also been reading some books, mostly some oddball ones that nobody has probably ever heard of before. But they might also be on the schedule for review. Book titles: The Raw Shark Texts by Stephen Hall, S. by Doug Dorst (and created by J. J. Abrams), and The Resurrectionist by E. B. Hudspeth. So, I definitely have THINGS and STUFF to talk about, I simply need the time and energy to write about them in depth to an actual reading audience.

The shocking thing is that so many people are still reading this blog even though I've been gone from it for months. If you've been checking periodically, waiting for the update to finally come, then you are a very cool person. I'm going to get content out. I think I hated not writing more than anybody. Being back in the review chair feels excellent. I'm glad to have so much to talk about.

I do apologize for taking so long to update or respond to messages, but the seventy hour work weeks have been slightly unpleasant. Only last week did my schedule finally abate, and I took those moments to calm down (relatively) and spend some time with my fiancee (who lives in another state right now sadly). But now I have calmed (again relatively) and am ready and willing to write. I can't wait to finally be back! Soon. Really soon now.

2 comments:

  1. Raw Shark texts is one of my favourite books of all time! Great to hear you're back and I look forward to reading more of your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really like Raw Shark Texts. I haven't finished it yet, but it is exactly what I like in my books. The reviews are definitely on the upswing. I can't wait to bring out more content!

      Delete