Friday, October 8, 2010

Movie Appraisal: The Blair Witch Project (1999)

So, here we are: The Blair Witch Project, one of the scariest movies I have ever seen. This movie, when I first saw it, made me absolutely terrified of the woods. I still can't go into the woods without a flashlight, a compass, and a whole lot of courage... and I always need to know where I'm going or else I start freaking out.

I saw this movie for the first time when I was ten or maybe eleven and it scared me so badly I thought I'd never sleep again. There are very few movies I find frightening, but this one has always stuck in my mind as an uncomfortable example. I own this movie, but I've only ever watched it once almost ten years ago or more... Maybe I'll try to watch it tonight and see what...

Oh no...!

I'm lost in the woods and I can't find my way out!
I'm so scared. Help me! I need to get out! I want to live!
Oops... nope, I just became entangled in my blanket and the darkness started to get me a little scared as I typed in the dark... I guess it happens, you know? Getting running in the woods with a laptop confused with being caught in your blankets with a laptop. It happens and so help me, you'd better believe it happens.

Um... where was I?

I don't remember much of this movie honestly. I only remember at the time it made me very uncomfortable and that I never really knew what happened in that last scene. You know which one. I should go back and watch it and make an edit to this review later...  or maybe not... You'll never know!

Or maybe you will. Whichever really.

But seriously, this is a good movie, probably a little over-hyped and I know a lot of people don't like it... but I think it's pretty neat, so I say you should go check it out. If you like the woods and three college students, you can't go wrong... plus, it started a whole brand of film-making with the actors being the ones to film what's going on. That's pretty neat! (Although I hate most of those films...) Yeah... pretty neat indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment