Saturday, October 9, 2010

Video Game Assessment: Indigo Prophecy (2005)

Fahrenheit AKA Indigo Prophecy here in the States is a weird game. It's one of those video games that is impossible to summarize without sounding like a crazy ranting hobo on the street, so instead of giving an overview of the plot and setting and characters, I'm going to give my initial reaction to the game.

Personally I did like it, but I can see how a lot of people could hate it. Most of the game is adventure-esque in gameplay, which is unique in a game for me. I liked a lot of the first half of the game. It drew me in and made me want to play more and more. I actually beat the entire game in a sitting a few years ago. Like I said, starting it up, I was confused and wondering what I had to do and if I did things wrong. But once I got further in the game I found myself wondering how the game went from amazing to WHAT all in a the range of a short while.

The horror of the game is almost non-existent. I mean, there are some thrilling parts... and some timed parts that get the blood pumping all over the place, but the game itself is mediocre at best. I know there has been this cult classic status put onto this game, and while I can see it I don't think it's deserved. The game is just all over the place pulling plot points and endings right out of nowhere, and that seems unfair to a story-based game. I don't know. Maybe it's just my own weird gripe, but I feel that this game is very lackluster, and only people who have nothing better to do should play it. Honestly, there are so many better games out there to play... Go play Deadly Premonition instead. You heard me. It's an amazing game and I won't stop saying how good it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment